For the third consecutive year we have given our staff the opportunity to award one-off donations of £10,000 each to not-for-profit organisations. These donations fall outside of our normal focus areas and are often given to causes that staff members feel personally passionate about. This Christmas we awarded another nine new grants (totalling £90,000) to:
* Ace of Clubs is a community and support centre for people experiencing homelessness and marginalisation in Clapham, London.
* London Friend supports thousands of LGBT people each year with counselling, drug and alcohol support, information and advice.
* Matt Hampson Foundation offers advice, support and treatment for people who have been seriously injured through playing sport.
* North London Cares a charity tackling loneliness and isolation across North London by bringing older and younger neighbours together.
* Papyrus UK is a suicide prevention charity providing confidential advice on the HOPELINEUK hotline from 9am to midnight every day of the year.
* The Bhavan is the largest centre for Indian Arts and Culture outside of India, offering South Asian music, dance and language classes to over 800 students
* The Bow Food Bank provides food and toiletries to anyone in need, from their hubs in Bethnal Green and Bromley-By-Bow.
* The Refugee Cafe serves delicious international food while training refugees in Lewisham and South East London.
* UNICEF UK Yemen Appeal supports emergency aid (nutrition, healthcare and education) for children affected by the conflict in Yemen.
You can read more about our Random Acts of Kindness and Christmas grants here.