Every year, we support individuals working in Gibraltar to undertake professional development courses that will provide a benefit to the local community. This year we have selected seven individuals to receive the Award. Our support this year will allow the successful applicants to undertake training in a broad range of areas including:
* Family Specialism Training Programme (Mediation)
* PG Cert Education – Special Education Needs
* Challenges of non-medical prescribing in cancer care
* Advanced Diploma Psychology and Counselling
* Certificate in Dyslexia: Literacy, Support and Intervention
* Post grad certificate in Assistive Technology for communication and learning – travel and accommodation
* Accredited Neuro-Linguistic Programming Practitioner Training
We are also supporting the following two charitable organisations with awards:
* The Citizens Advice Bureau who will use the award to cover the costs of two staff members to travel to the UK and train to become Child Inclusive Mediation Practitioners
* The mental health charity Clubhouse Gibraltar for three representatives to visit Clubhouse HQ for two weeks of strategy, engagement and best-practice sharing for use in their brand-new premises in Gibraltar.
Our 12 Professional Development Awards will provide financial support where there is no funding available from the Government or employers. Recipients of the funding must be working in areas that directly benefit those living and working in Gibraltar. We would like to congratulate all the recipients and wish them all the best in their training and development.
To read more about our Professional Development Awards click here.