Yes Futures, Rising Futures programme
Inspiring students to reach their potential
Young people are worried about their future. According to their teachers, the biggest barrier to their future success is a lack of confidence – something that’s even more common among young people from economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
The Rising Futures programme, run by charity Yes Futures, supports 11 to 16 year olds to boost their aspirations and fulfil their potential. Through tailored personal development programmes, they set ambitious goals and develop essential life skills.
Rising Futures includes three key experiential elements, each with personalised coaching support:
- Play your Part – a community action project, helping develop global citizenship.
- World of Work – visits to inspirational workplaces and networking with professionals to explore career options.
- Into the Wild – a challenging residential experience taking students out their comfort zone.
- Our grant funded 30 students from Year 7-11 (11 to 16 years old) to take part in the Rising Futures Programme, helping them to fulfil their potential.
- 89% of students made quantifiable improvements in their skills as a result of Yes Futures programmes.
- 85% of students felt the programmes helped them become more prepared for the future.
Improving confidence and resilience
We gave a grant of £9,480, through our Small Grants Programme, to fund 30 students from East London to take part in the programme.
“The Yes Futures programme has been a really positive opportunity for our students,” said Vic Goddard, Head of Passmores Academy in Essex. “Students have made noticeable improvements in their confidence and self-esteem, and this has also impacted their performance in the classroom. I would definitely recommend the programme to other schools.”
Yes Futures is a multi-award-winning charity, established in 2012 and run by teachers rated as “Outstanding” by Ofsted. They are based in Hackney and work in partnership with schools across London and the South East. Their vision is a future where all young people are confident, resilient and lead fulfilling lives.
“We really value the Rising Futures programme because it takes a holistic approach, giving young people access to employers and unique opportunities to grow their own skills and confidence.”Libby Burkeman, Head of Grants, Kusuma Trust